Rosalind Wiseman, NYT best-selling author, joined us for an engaging webinar about managing teenagers’ friendships during the summer.
No matter how old you are, having close friends while we process life’s joys, successes, sorrows, and frustrations is profoundly important. The highs and lows are better experienced with people who get you, with whom you share a common bond.
Friendships are everything for young people, but conflicts and problems within them are inevitable. Not knowing how to navigate these common yet tricky waters can be challenging, and young people need support as they go through them.
From this webinar recording, you can expect to learn how to:
- Understand young people’s emotions and their social dynamics
- Talk to children about your concerns with their friend groups
- Define loyalty in friendships and other relationships
- Establish and maintain boundaries as part of any healthy relationship; particularly as they navigate the transitions between the school year and summer break
- Strengthen communication between adults and young people about friendships
We have returned to doing the things we did before COVID. School happens. Summer break happens. Friendships are still complicated. Adults want to know how to get involved in their children’s social lives in a way that builds their resilience and comforts them at the same time.
This webinar recording is from a presentation in May 2023.
Click here to see all our upcoming national events and webinars.