(Minneapolis – January 10, 2022) The opening of the first Fusion Academy campus here offers a new education option for Minneapolis families seeking a personalized and accredited school for their middle and high schoolers that is equally focused on academic progress and social and emotional health.
“At Fusion Academy the student is always front and center, that’s our differentiator. It’s truly a revolutionary approach to learning,” said Meghan Bennett, Fusion Academy Minneapolis Head of School.
Founded in San Diego, California in 1989, Fusion Academy’s approach to learning is grounded in its one-to-one model of one teacher to one student, with different teachers for different classes. Fusion Academy is the largest network of accredited middle and high schools operated by Fusion Education Group. Fusion Academy Minneapolis is the national education company’s 64th campus and its first in Minnesota. The accredited middle and high school is located at 7550 France Avenue, Suite 130, Edina.
Families, community members, and education and health professionals who are interested in learning more about Fusion Academy Minneapolis are welcome to attend three upcoming events:
- Thursday, January 13, 2022, from 9:00 to 10:00 a.m. Virtual Coffee Hour. Grab a cup of coffee and join us virtually. Bennett will be available to answer questions and share why Fusion Academy is a revolutionary way to learn. Please RSVP here.
- Monday, January 24, 2022, from noon to 1 p.m. Virtual Lunch. Have lunch with Meghan, she makes a great lunch partner and can fill you in and why Fusion Academy’s one-to-one model is an exceptional way to learn. Please RSVP here.
- Tuesday, Feb 8, 2022, from 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Networking Happy Hour. Fusion Academy Minneapolis will host a professional happy hour event at Pinstripes to toast our community partnerships and meet new professionals in the education and mental health network. Pinstripes, 3849 Gallagher Drive, Edina. Learn more here.
Fusion’s model of tailoring students’ learning journeys according to their strengths and learning preferences ensures students master subjects at their own pace. Fusion works with students in three key areas to help them develop the self-determination they need to be successful adults in society, these areas include self-confidence, self-advocacy, and goal setting. This approach better prepares students academically, socially, and emotionally for their future. Fusion Education Group student and parent surveys show dramatic increases in academic engagement, positive relationships, and emotional support:
- 97% of parents report their child has positive relationships with their teachers.
- 87% of students feel that the adults on campus really care about them.
- 83% of students report feeling comfortable being themselves.
- 83% of parents agree their child seems more confident since joining school.
Fusion Academy student schedules are customized, so students take classes at a time of day that works best for them. Athletes, actors, and students with extracurricular passions can schedule school around their life instead of the other way around. Other students who attend Fusion include gifted or accelerated students, students with mild learning differences, or anyone looking for a more personalized learning environment.
Each Fusion campus features Homework Café spaces where students complete homework before leaving for the day. The cafés are also the student social hub; where student meetings occur, clubs meet, and more. Fusion campuses also feature a state-of-the-art recording studio, a mixed-media art studio, and a science lab with college-level tools. Fusion academies are intended to remain small, serve as a haven from large traditional schools, and rarely exceed 100 students. Students can attend Fusion full-time for middle and high school, or part-time for tutoring, classes for credit, or college counseling. Fusion students have been accepted to more than 200 unique colleges and universities, many being their first-choice school.
“Opening a new school in a new community is a magical time. Our schools serve as a beacon of hope for students who have been disengaged in traditional settings. We are privileged to join families on their children’s learning journey,” Bennett said.
About Fusion Academy:
Fusion Academy’s Minneapolis is one of more than 60 schools serving grades 6 through 12 that provide quality individualized education. Fusion Academy is part of Fusion Education Group an organization committed to providing accredited personalized education and includes Futures Academy, that offers one-to-one and small group instruction at 15 California campuses, Barnstable which offers traditional college-prep in a small school setting in New Jersey, and Fusion Global Academy which offers one-to-one personalized education for middle and high school students through a completely virtual campus that currently serves students in 18 countries. Learn more about Fusion Minneapolis here.