Join us for a post-secondary night event for parents and professionals! This event is for anyone interested in learning more about options for students post-high school including resources and discussions with college reps.
This will be a resource fair type event. Here are a few professionals who will be available with brief descriptions:
- Kairos College Success and Counseling offers a proven process for coaching students to success. It has been developed and refined through years of one-on-one academic mentoring and in-depth research in the scholarship of student development, collegiate teaching and learning, and theories of student persistence. The coaching process and the length of partnership are tailored to meet your child’s unique needs.
- Hanna Stotland, Admissions Consultant has been an independent educational consultant specializing in crisis management for almost two decades. She has helped students overcome virtually every kind of educational interruption, from mental illness to academic failure to disciplinary and criminal consequences. Hanna’s unique experience as a former troubled teen who made it from a G.E.D. to Harvard gives her unusual sensitivity to the challenges young people face.
- PEER Services understands that adolescence and young adulthood can be times of drug and alcohol experimentation. Adolescent substance use can range from early experimentation to severe dependence. PEER Services’ Adolescent Treatment team responds by offering a wide variety of options designed to meet the needs of teens, depending where in the continuum their use may fall.
- College Success Plan is a Skype-based, customized program designed to teach lifelong organization and time management skills to college students. College Success Plan mentors work with students nationwide on a variety of topics such as setting realistic semester goals, weekly organizing and planning, monthly and semester calendars, test taking/study strategies, managing materials, and motivating students to seek help from professors and other college-provided services. Increasing confidence, lowering stress, and getting better grades are natural outcomes of improving these critical skills.
- Ryan Boggs, as a financial advisor, spends a significant amount of time working with parents and students with regards to College Planning. He helps them understand the FAFSA and CSS Profile, planning for the costs and life at college, and most importantly, ways to lower the out of pocket expense of paying for college.
- JJB Educational Consultants Inc. provides college placement services for students with learning differences. Our clients have learning disabilities, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), autism spectrum disorders (ASD), mild mental health impairments traumatic brain injuries and developmental delays. Having over 20 years of collective experience in the college placement field allows us to help our students and their families find the appropriate college fit for their student. We have a 100% success rate placing college-bound students with learning differences in college!
- Edge Learning and Wellness Collegiate Community is a wellness community in Chicago committeed to supporting college students striving for academic and social success. EDGE is a substance-free, co-educational young adult transition program with an emphasis on college-level learning and holistic wellness.
- Intercultural Adventures empowers gap year students, college graduates, families, and educators to engage in intercultural learning experiences that expand global perspectives and impart 21st century skills. Services include comprehensive and hourly gap experience counseling, essay and career coaching, online courses, and on-site trainings for educators and gap organizations. Run by former study abroad directors and university professors, IA’s expertise encompasses health, safety, and risk management, navigating college deferral policies, and integrating academic and professional goals into transformational experiences
Fusion Academy Evanston
847 Chicago Ave, Suite 200,
Evanston, IL 60202