“You can’t stop the waves,
But you can learn to surf.”
Jon Kabat-Zinn, Founder of Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction
Join us for a behavioral health workshop co-led by psychologists, Amy Vigliotti PhD and Heidi Besse, PhD. Amy is the founder of SelfWorks, a NYC therapy group (www.selfworksgroup.com). She is a notable speaker on mental health and personal growth, drawing from her extensive training and her own experiences as a therapist and parent during the pandemic. You can find her guided relaxation practices online on Spotify and Amazon. Heidi specializes in working with teens and their caregivers to promote effective communication and enhance resilience within the family system. She helps parents navigate the challenges of parenting with her humor, validation, and compassionate regard.
In this interactive session, Amy and Heidi will teach you how to listen to what your stress is telling you and keep you calm and focused on what is important in your life.
- Reflect on the ways in which anxiety is normal and an important signal for uncertainty and/or lack of safety and security
- Recognize the areas in your life that cause your anxiety and stress to spike
- Practice proactive strategies to reduce stress held in the body
- Use cognitive-behavioral and mindfulness tools to ride the waves of stressful emotions
- Change negative self-talk to be encouraging and motivating
- Develop a meaningful mantra to help ground you in times of intense stress
Please feel free to email Amy in advance with any questions and topics you would like to see covered. She can be reached at email@example.com