B.A. Mathematics and Philosophy; M.S. Mathematics
Ken Florek has the following academic credentials:
B.A. Mathematics and Philosophy, St. Mary's University, Winon, MN.
M.S. Mathematics, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, IL.
MBA Studies, Pepperdine University, Malibu, CA
Mr. Florek was a member of an elite team of Software Engineers and Rocket scientists responsible for programming the Missile Guidance System for the Air Force Minuteman II and Minuteman III Inter-Continental Ballistic Missiles (ICBMs).
Other significant accomplishments include:
* Wrote the software for a computer dedicated to performing Gauss-Jordan Elimination in matrices for solving systems of linear equations.
* Was selected from a nationwide search for the position of Technical Director to lead a team of Systems Analysts and Programmers in the design, development, and implementation of a computerized network of information systems (ARJIS), which facilitated the sharing of data among all 13 law enforcement agencies in the San Diego Region. The system was the first of its kind at that time and remains a model for others that followed.
Fun Facts and Hobbies
- Attends baseball games of his 2 grandsons, one in High School and the other now at Purdue University
- Watches Bears, Cubs and White Sox games with Chicago friends and fans
- Works on trying to solve unsolved math problems of significance