Fusion Learning Center is so much more than a traditional tutoring center—with more individual attention, more flexibility, and more options.
Five advantages of Fusion Learning Center:
- Our one-to-one ratio and mentoring approach to learning allows for every session to be customized to the individual student’s needs, interests, and learning style.
- Every tutor is also a teacher, with a bachelor's degree or higher, and knows what your child needs to learn to succeed.
- There are no set tutoring "packages," rather the quantity and frequency of tutoring sessions is determined on an individual basis.
- Tutoring sessions are offered any time of day, not just after school, to meet the scheduling demands of each student.
- In addition to standard- and honors-level academic tutoring, we offer SAT/ACT test prep and enrichment classes in art, music, yoga, and more!
Yoga Classes - overview
As Fusion works to support each individual student in academic, emotional, and social growth, yoga plays a beneficial role for developing teens.
Every Fusion campus has a set of Expected Schoolwide Learning Results (ESLRs), which say that Fusion Academy students will become:
- Academic achievers
- Resourceful individuals
- Compassionate and tolerant individuals
- Emotionally secure individuals
Yoga works to support these results in many ways:
- Creating academic achievers:
Yoga stresses effort and action. It is all about learning, growing, exploring, and developing as well as self-understanding and the pursuit of knowledge/wisdom. Yoga develops awareness of self and can improve your ability to understand how you learn/what you need to grow, which in turn will improve your studies in all other subjects.
- Developing resourceful individuals:
Yoga is all about balance, developing coordination, breath awareness, mindfulness, and ability to recognize when something is "off" and adjust accordingly (physically and mentally). Through yoga, you will develop tools to adjust and identify sources of support in the outside world and within yourself. Yoga encourages exploration and deep thinking/questioning; it promotes using all that we have available to us.
- Strengthening compassionate and tolerant individuals:
Yoga emphasizes acceptance and gratitude—enabling you as a practitioner to let go of the tendency to be critical and judgmental of yourself and others. Yoga's philosophical principles emphasize compassion, kindness, and interconnectedness between ourselves and the world.
- Building emotionally secure individuals:
Yoga improves self-awareness and can provide you with an opportunity to develop your sense of self, through techniques for redirecting thoughts, improving concentration, reducing stress, calming the nervous system, and making healthy choices. Yoga equalizes energy and tempers hyperactivity and depression. Yoga helps to improve self-image and body image. Yoga also provides a healthy way to experiment, take risks, and explore our bodies and our minds—how we respond to the discomfort on our mat is a reflection of how we respond to it off the mat. Through this practice, we learn how to better cope with things that don't feel good. Yoga improves decision-making by teaching you to make choices that respect yourself and others. Finally, yoga encourages self-trust by valuing one's internal voice/intuition.
Interested in a class? Get in touch with us to learn more.
Request More Info »